background

Monday, August 16, 2010

My oh so exciting life

I went on a blind date a couple of weekends ago. For me, dating has always been super awkward. I just don't do well with new people and my over-active imagination doesn't necessarily help. Anyway, on this date I came to the conclusion that I am an extremely dull person.

My evidence: when asked questions of what I like to do, my answers are reading, writing, and watching movies. When asked what sports I like to play/watch, my answers are none. I have not athletic ability. I'm afraid of getting hit in the head with balls. When asked what my favorite kinds of movies were, my answers were chick flicks and kid movies. Books: romance mostly, not really into literature.

I don't have a whole lot of interesting things about me. I don't have fun experiences. I'm not super smart. I'm not super active. I'm only mildly funny. I spend most of my time in my head. Or vegetating on my couch watching reruns of Bones and Criminal Minds. I'm practically a work-a-holic, mostly because I don't have anything better to do.

What do I have to offer to someone looking for any kind of relationship? The answer: not much. Unless they're looking for someone who can quote random movies and who reads dorky novels. I'm so super exciting. NOT.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just discovered that you started a new blog!
    Several years ago my Dad gave me some advice, that I have taken to heart. Since then I have heard the same advice from a variety of different sources, of varying degrees of authority.
    The advice is this: Rather than trying to find the right person, focus on being the right person.
    Basically if you focus on self-improvement, and developing talents, interests, and hobbies, then you will be more likely to find someone who makes you happy, and someone who you make happy.
    I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He took the words right out of my mouth. Way to go, Robby. Develop talents and hobbies! Make yourself more interesting to others. The prophets even counsel self-improvement. That's even the whole reason we're here! To progress. So if you're stuck in a comfortable rut,...it's still a rut! Get out! Make something of yourself!!! :D I love you, girl. You got this. P.S. that's pretty awesome you went on a blind date! Text me about it..!! Quiero saber.

    ReplyDelete