background

Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Tis the season... to be perpetually annoyed.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a rather cynical people hater. Although I don't always hate people, I do get annoyed pretty easily. So... bring on the holidays. For someone like me... well the holidays are pretty much the worst times of the year. It's not because I'm a scrooge or that I hate holidays. The biggest reason, I have to admit, is that people drive me NUTS!
I worked today and it was INSANE! I swear everyone and their dog was in the store today. And they all had huge orders. I don't want to judge, being a procrastinator myself, but seriously people! We spend over a month and a half getting ready and spending so much time and effort for ONE DAY! I wish we could just simplify things. Christmas had gotten so commercialized and so crazy. All you have time for is to be stressed and then it's over in a matter of hours so all the time spent being stressed was for naught.
I didn't mean to go off on a tangent, my main purpose for this entry is to just vent about how people can drive a semi-sane person to go completely mental.
No, I don't know the price of strawberries. No, I don't know why they raised the prices of the oranges from yesterday. Or why you didn't get them the six times you were in here between tuesday and thursday. And no, I'm not happy to be spending a good portion of my time catering to you and your schizophrenia at work instead of being at home with my family. (Sigh)It's the cynic in me.
Happy holidays... whatever you celebrate... just to be PC. Ah, crap. What kind of Fulgham cares about being PC? Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a cynic! Ha ha. You really are one of us! So I re-started my blog, now under the guise of The Fountain Pen Odyssey, and my second post was nearly identical, at least subject-wise.

    Cheers sis,
    Jared

    P.S.: http://fountainpenodyssey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete