background

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bones

Anyone who knows me, knows that one of my all time favorite shows is "Bones". Starring David Boreanaz (A hottie with a naughty body if there ever was one) and Emily Deschanel, along with an awesome supporting cast (in my opinion anyway).
I was first introduced to "Bones" by my old roommate a couple of years ago. And I loved it almost immediately. There was a combination of action, fact, and romance that just drew me in. I loved David Boreanaz back when he played Angel. If you don't know what "Angel" is, well, let's just say it's the show that made vampires hot. Angel was around long before the Cullens came into and made vampires into pale, glittering, gay looking creatures. Angel was dark, handsome, and brooding. A vampire with a soul. I was obsessed in middle school. Of course, the show went to pot eventually. But in the beginning it was... (sigh)... the best!
Okay, back to the topic at hand. Bones. The show is based upon author, Kathy Reich's books about a Forensic Anthropologist, Temperance Brennan, who ends up helping police solve murders in Canada and the east coast. I have read a couple of the books, and no offense to the author, but they're rather boring. They are written from the view of a scientist, thus they lean more towards all things scientifical.
 
 I started writing this post a couple of days ago and I just lost motivation to continue, so here I am finishing it.
I think the main thing I wanted to focus on when talking about "Bones" is that intense relationship between the two main characters, Booth and Brennan. Although nothing terribly romantic has happened (yet) the relationship between the partners is one that is fraught with sexual tension. It's like the audience, or maybe just me, is totally aware of how attracted and how perfect the couple would be together, in a romantic sense. But the characters are totally oblivious to this... well until this season that is....
 There is this moment of hesitancy for me, concerning the show. Being the intense romantic that I am I desperately want the pair to end up together, now if possible. But the realist in me knows that if this is to happen... well the show will be over shortly after. No one wants to watch a show where the characters are all content and at peace in their lives. It just isn't interesting, unfortunately. So... this brings me to my internal debate: Should Booth and Brennan end up together in the romantic sense or do I want the show to last a couple more season? Hmm... that's a hard one.
  Either way I will watch the show until it ends and I will enjoy every second of it. And not just because Seeley Booth is hot. It's a good show and I like the idea of solving crime! (Or so I tell myself)
And just so you know: Booth looks really good in a three-piece suit.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment