background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Fictional Guy of the Week: Slater Evans

I've decided to try something different and fun, at least for me. I'm going to dedicate one post a week to a fictional guy of my choosing. This is definitely shows how much of a hopeless romantic I am but I need something to do this summer. So with out further ado, I introduce you to The Fictional Guy of the Week.

The Fictional Guy of the Week is...  Slater Evans.

Location:

Weathered Too Young by Marcia Lynn McClure

His Story:

Slater left home when he was fourteen and did a little ranch handing. He later became a U.S. Marshall until he retired and came back home to run his own ranch with his younger brother Tom. He's thirty, unmarried, and totally oblivious to how attractive he really is. He's flirty and funny (and slightly scandalous in some of his comments) when he puts his mind to it, which is why the heroine of the story can't seem to resist him.

Why He's FGW:

I picked Slater Evans because I think he's one of the those guys that is not only attractive but also secretly kind and giving. He has this way of making you think that he doesn't care but then he contradicts himself by being affectionate and kind. Plus the man is not afraid of hard work. That's always an attractive trait. Oh oh! And he can totally kick the bad guy's trash! He's all buff and a good fighter. He fights for what is his (including the heroine).

I guess I picked him because he makes me giggle and smile whenever I read about him. He says scandalous things (but not too scandalous) and he flirts even when the heroine thinks he's 'indifferent'. Hmm, maybe that's what it boils down too? Maybe what is so great about Slater Evans is that he is hot and older but he still finds someone as average as the heroine and he likes her. He's good at flirting and kissing and yet he is a complete gentleman.

What makes Slater Evans The Fictional Guy of the Week is how awesome he is. How incredibly funny and flirty he is and how much he stands up for the weaker man. He cares about those he loves and he protects them will all his might. Slater Evan is the epitome of a nearly perfect man.

Thank goodness he's fictional. I don't think us regular girls could handle a real man like Slater Evans. Oh. Man.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment