background

Friday, November 11, 2011

Cute-in-a-normal-guy-kind-of-way: why I'd marry John Krasinski

Last night I was watching "Something Borrowed" with Ginnifer Goodwyn and Kate Hudson. First off, the movie felt much like "Bride Wars". It wasn't a horrible movie but it wasn't that fantastic either. I was entertained and I really shipped Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwyn) and her best guy friend Ethan (John Krasinski). But as many movies go, Rachel did end up with the smoking hot guy instead of the lovable, cute-in-a-normal-guy-kind-of-way, real guy. Which I guess is how it is meant to be in the movies. But I decided upon watching this movie, and it's possible that I was tired and out of my mind, that I would marry John Krasinski.

Now, now. Don't worry. I'm not going to hop on a plane and fly out to California and start stalking him. This is all metaphorical... I guess... And perhaps it's more accurate to say that I would fly to Scranton, PA and marry Jim Halpert. (We'll just conveniently pretend that he's not already married to Pam.) I say this because, come on, I don't really know anything about John Krasinski and it's unlikely that I ever will. But Jim, well I know all about him.... does that sound super stalker-y? Oh well.

I really do have a point to this post. (Maybe). And it is this... hot guys are nice to look at but if you're an average girl like me, you're probably not ever going to catch the eye of the super hot (perhaps a little fictional) guy who works with you/is in your class/goes to the same store/same gym as you. Unfortunately, hot people tend to go for other hot people. You generally tend to go for people on the same level of attractiveness as you. (Now, this isn't always true and this could be totally slightly stereotypical.)

Do I think John Krasinski/Jim Halpert is on my level of attractiveness? Ha ha ha. Totally NOT! He's so much more attractive but at least he feels attainable to a girl like me. [Side note: This is not a bash on myself post. I do not think I'm ugly or unattractive. I'm just a cute-in-a-normal-girl-kind-of-way.]

So why would I marry him? Because I know that the Seeley Booth of my dreams is never going to actually show up. Okay... saying that makes me feel like... I'm a snob face. I'm not saying that the man I will someday end up spending time and all eternity with is going to be some hideous ogre with a heart of gold. I'm sure that to me, he will be hot. To me, I'll love him even if he's not as hot as Seeley Booth/David Boreanaz. To me, I'm sure that I'll find him attractive and I'll want to kiss his face off. Ha ha.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if given the choice of the smoking hot but fictional guy compared to a real live, flesh and blood, cute-in-a-normal-guy-like-John-Krasinski-kind-of-way I'd pick the real cute guy. So I'd drool over Seeley Booth and I'd marry Jim Halpert and/or John Krasinski.

I think I've officially gone nuts... but that's okay. I know I'm not alone.

So... who would you pick? The hot and possibly fictional guy that you probably wouldn't feel like you deserved or the real cute guy who makes you feel good about yourself because they are... well, real?

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

P.S. Just because I'm awesome, I thought I'd include a picture of John Krasinski and Jim Halpert. :) You can thank me with caramels.

Based on the pictures, personally I'd pick John.... I mean, his biceps are showing and I have a weakness! Don't judge me!

Although, his sleeves are rolled up in this one. And he's making paper airplanes...


1 comment:

  1. :) Such a great post ( as always). I liked your view on Something Borrowed. Have you read the book? Only because I read it first so I was TOTALLY pulling for Rachel and Dex. That JK played the part of the best friend is really different from the book, and I think sort of did the movie a disservice, because naturally, so , so, so many of us would root for J-Kras, therefore feeling bummed when he did not win. The love interest JK has for Rachel (GG) in the movie is not in the book, as far as I remember. So again, a little unfair, haha. But the point is yes, yes, he's fantastic. and so is your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete