background

Friday, November 25, 2011

Two weeks and seven seasons later...

Recently I wrote about how I'd marry John Krasinski/ Jim Halpert. Well after I wrote that post I had the urge to watch The Office. So I started on season one and worked my way to through season seven and into the latest episodes in season eight. It was a good time. I had some good laughs and I mooned over Jim just a little too much. But it was nice to get caught back up. I got distracted by other things somewhere around season five or six.

And because I just watched all the seasons, they are fresh in my mind and I've come away with a few of my own observations/opinions.
  • Jim is pretty much awesome.
  • The chemistry between Jim and Dwight is much more interesting than between Dwight and Michael.
  • Even after they're married, Jim and Pam are fun to watch.
  • Later seasons aren't as funny as earlier seasons.
  • Michael is more interesting, more rounded, and more mature in later seasons. He's not as annoying.
  • Even after they're married, Jim and Pam are interesting to watch.
  • Andy is better as Regional Manager. Or maybe he's just more fun to watch.
  • Dwight considers Pam a friend even though she married his "mortal enemy", Jim.
I know this is only a handful but I wasn't planning on this post when I watched the series or else I would have taken notes.

It was a good time, I'll admit. Even though the series is kind of on the downhill slide, I still enjoy it. Life is like that, always changing. And TV shows, unfortunately, always have their day in the sun before the world moves on and gets a new show. But for now, I'll keep enjoying The Office while it's on. :)

My all time favorite quote from the series... also the one I remembered the most. :)

"I bought the boat tickets the day I saw that YouTube video. I knew we'd need a backup plan. The boat was actually plan C. The church was plan B. And plan A was marring her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her." -Jim Halpert (Love it!!)

So there you go. A random post about The Office and my disconnected thoughts. And just because I can't help myself...

I know. I'm hopeless...

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment