background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So you know how life is...

I wrote sometime last week (I think it was last week) about finding a third roommate for this apartment that was supposedly a "good" deal. Ha! Well, they weren't super upfront about what the actual cost would be. Let's just say, I can't afford it.

Yeah. That's right. Less than a week before moving day, I'm backing out. I feel like a horrible person. I feel unreliable and like a loser. But I feel relieved. I've been stressing about this apartment and about my finances for a few weeks but I seriously thought that it would work out.

But these added expenses weren't planned on. And I can't do it. So I'm doing the one thing I vowed never to do. I'm moving home. And the idea doesn't repulse me. I feel relief actually. Financially, it'll be a relief. I'll have to commute a half an hour each morning and afternoon but strangely enough, the idea isn't a bad one.

It's quite interesting actually. I'm ending my senior year the way I started my freshman year: Living at home and driving to school 3 days a week. One major difference is that I'll be driving over the other three days to work.

This is only temporary though. I think this will give me time to save some money, avoid roommate drama, and maybe get closer to my youngest brother.


*Deep breath* Now, the hard part is taking care of all the things I started this week when I still thought I'd be moving to this apartment. And I feel so bad for the roommate I did have lined up. Now she's hanging out in the wind and it's my fault. But life goes on and she'll find her place. But I'm still sorry!

That's how life is though. Unexpected. And it doesn't turn out how you plan it. This is definitely not how I planned it at all.

*Another deep breath* Guess I'm still moving. Just not to where I planned.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

1 comment:

  1. You see? Things always work out- I'm sorry it wasn't how you planned! But so glad you feel relieved. :) And that you have a plan you feel good about. Definitely some good things can come of this, and your almost-roommate will be able to find something else, too! Peeerrrrrfect :) love you, miss.

    ReplyDelete