background

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Childhood Crushes

I can't help but think back on the days of my childhood. Ah, the memories. The toys I played with, the friends I made, the food I ate... the boys I crushed on? The boys I crushed on... I can remember my first big crush.
Alex Korth. He was a blonde, beautiful blue eyes, and he was a complete hunk. At least to my 5 year old heart. But, something that my little girl eyes never noticed... Alex was cross eyed! I never even realized that I had been in love with a cross eyed boy for two years, from kindergarten to the second grade.
We wrote hate notes to each other. Of coure... I didn't hate him. I was, in fact, desperately in like with him. Of course, as with all crushes, you're never in love with the real person. You are more attracted to what you think the real person is. They usually are never like you have imagined them to be. Dang it! It's the curse of having an imagination, I swear.
Alex ended up moving before the third grade, and my fickle heart moved on. And I have had many, many crushes since then. But I don't think I'll ever forget my first real cross-eyed crush. Hmm... I wonder what ever happened to him. I'm pretty sure he didn't like me back. They almost never do.
What is up with that anyway? You like someone and they just are too dumb to like you back. Uh... I probably shouldn't open that can of worms at this time. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Umm...maybe I'll save the first comment I was going to say for later. But, this post made me think back to my first crush and it made me laugh. A lot. so I appreciate you helping me have a funny moment. I love you!!! See ya after you get off work :)

    ReplyDelete