background

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Warning: Bitter Tirade about people stupidity.

I need a vacation. From work mostly. You get to a point where you can't stand being at work and you are slowly going insane. I've reached that point. So, in an effort to hopefully get all my work frustrations off my chest, I'm going to take this post and use it as an outlet.

If you don't want to read some super negative things I'd recommend not reading further. The following is a list of things that I feel people should be aware of:

1. Don't ask stupid questions. Don't come up to me at the grocery store and ask where the freezer section is. Don't ask where to find tomatoes- that should be a no-brainer: In the PRODUCE section (unless you're looking for canned tomatoes, that's a different story).

2. I'm not your slave. The people of the service industry are there to help, yes. Not to do your every bidding. Don't think you can come up to me and order me around like you own me. That just ticks me off.

3. Join the 21st century. Stop using CHECKS. This is especially vital in the grocery store, where I work, because checks are time consuming. Just get a stinkin' debit card. It's the same thing!!! And it's so much faster and easier on both parties.

4. Don't come up to me at Self checkout and expect me to do everything for you. It's called Self Checkout for a reason. If you want someone to check out your items for you go to a checkstand where they actually do that. I don't mind helping you when you need it but I'm not going to do it for you.

5. Express is called Express for a reason. It's fast. Don't come up with a cart full of items and ask if you have too much. If you have to ask then you have to much, usually.

6. When the closed sign in up and the light is off, that means the checkstand is CLOSED! No you can't come through and start putting your stuff on the belt and expect someone to automatically jump in and help you. Also, when the light is on and there are people in the line and there is no closed sign up, that's usually a sign that the checkstand is open. You don't have to ask if it's open-that's just annoying.

Okay so I've gone on my bitter tirade for long enough now. I feel a little better just getting it all out. Of course there are many more things I could whine and complain about but this is sufficient. These are just some of the things I run into as a cashier at a grocery store. I'm sure in every field of service there are similar issues.
The good news is that I am actually going on vacation soon. It'll be a nice break from work and life. Let's hope that I enjoy it as much as I hope I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment