background

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The clouds of Oblivion

I have this friend and she likes this guy. Unfortunately, the guy is totally and inexplicably oblivious to the fact that she likes him. The other day she decided to make a baked item for said guy. She texted him and asked when he'd be home so she could drop them off. She had informed him a little earlier that she was making him this specific treat so he would know that she was thinking of him.

Well she made plans for a specific drop off time and went on her merry little way. Then she gets a text from the fellow saying that he may or may not be going somewhere at the time she would be stopping by. He told her that she could just leave the on the table.

Naturally, she was a might distraught at the fact that the one main reason she was making the baked goods was to see this guy. And he, because he is an oblivious guy, didn't even get that. My friend rearranged her original plans so that she could deliver the food earlier. When she was ready she sent the guy a text to let him know that she was on her way. To which he promptly replied that he had just left for another destination. Talk about frustration and a little bit of disappointment. She delivered her stuff and returned home.

The moral of this story is oblivion. I kind of focused on the guy because well, sometimes I think guys are extremely oblivious. Or maybe girls just read too much into things. Or maybe me and my friend are just plain old crazies.

Why is it so hard to come out and simply say what we want to? And why are we all so oblivious to what is going on around us? Maybe we all need to take a minute to just sit back and take a good look at the big picture. And an even better look at the details we never seem to realize until after the fact.

Believe me, I know how it is to suddenly realize that I've been paying attention to only the big things. Maybe if I paid more attention to some of the little things I don't think about I won't feel so... dense? Or oblivious? Like missed something that would have helped me to grow or at least get myself out before I made myself look like an idiot.

Beware the clouds of Oblivion. Okay. So 'beware' is a little harsh. Just keep an eye out for those little things that we tend to miss because we're so distracted.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think he is oblivious to the fact that she is interested. To me it sounds like he isn't interested and is trying to get the message across without actually telling her directly. I'm more of a direct sort of person, but if I wanted to indirectly avoid hurting a girl's feelings, I might just avoid her as well.

    ReplyDelete