background

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Imagination


Today's topic is imagination (imagine Spongebob making a rainbow as he says this word). Now everyone's imagination is different. It's based upon our views, our experiences, and our creativity (are we more left brained or right brained).

My younger brother, Logan, used to wander around the yard with a dowel in hand fighting imaginary foes. He was big into Lord of the Rings so I assume that those were a source of inspiration for him. Of course, considering that I haven't asked him directly, I could be wrong. I used to stand at the back window, in the the kitchen, and watch as he walked around the back yard. I wondered what was going on in his head. Well I still do, even though he doesn't wander around the yard fighting invisible people anymore.

My imagination works in a different way. As a little girl I played with Barbies. The stories I would act out usually came partly from TV and partly from the books I read. When I finally put the Barbies away I turned to writing. Ha ha. Hopefully the things I wrote will never see the light of day. Even though I kept them. I can't have people seeing what a total... sap I was. 

Now that I'm an adult I write. I like to think I'm a pretty decent writer when it comes to creative writing. When I'm working on a story I love to brainstorm. Recently, I took a temporary position cleaning for Maceys. I've had a lot of thinking time. Meaning that I've been brainstorming a lot. Being the creatively minded person that I am I find that it is easier for me to create the ideas rather than implement them. I have a hard time sitting down and just putting all my thoughts on paper. It's easier to make them in my head. 

Not that I don't enjoy writing. It's just sometimes when it comes time to write I just can't make myself do it. 

So the whole point of this was to say that everyone has different levels of imagination. I think mine is pretty deep. Oh I should point out that for those of us with intense imaginations, we tend to over-think on... everything. It's a curse.

So imagination... lets you sit in a box and drive a race car or create a whole new world for others to enjoy. The question is... how much imagination do you possess? 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment