background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Blues and Summer Pinks

I find that January through April are the longest months for me. It's cold. It's gray. And it feels like it's never going to end. By the time April comes you have hope. Maybe this year, summer will come earlier. Of course, Mother Nature is just messing with your head. One day it'll be nearly 60 degrees and the next there's five inches of snow on the ground. That's when it's warm enough to snow. Sometimes it is so cold and so bitter, you're praying for snow to help warm it up.

Living in Logan, Utah means that I live in a bowl of smog. No smog isn't a small hog. (Beverly Hillbillies movie reference). It's pollution and junk in the air. Thus making the four months darker and grayer. You may be asking yourself "If she hates the area so much, why is still there?" Here is the answer. I have two more semesters of school left. Which means, I have to suffer through at least one more winter in this valley. Realistically, I'll be here for two more.

I guess the point of this post is to ask what I should do to give me a little summer during the long winter months. I suppose I should also point out that summer happens to be my favorite season. I like it when it's hot. I love the feeling of the sun soaking into my skin and my clothes. I love when you climb into a car that has been warmed by the sun and you roll down the windows and warm wind flies into your face. (sigh) I wish summer was here. I'll take the sweat drenched t-shirts and the flip flops and ponytails. I'm ready.

If only it were that simple. Instead, like all good things, I have to wait through eight months (including October, Novemeber, December, and May) of cold until the warmth comes.

Can I do it? ...Of course I can! I've been doing it for 21 years.







Don't give in to the Winter Blues. Maybe this little guy will help. Have a happy day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment