background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stupid Girls Being Stupid

Girls are stupid. Yes, I include myself. Also, this is very general. I'm not saying that every girl in the world is stupid... because they're not.

I guess I should start over. Fictional Girls are Stupid. I talk about fiction a lot, don't I? (Maybe my next blog should be called "A Real Life Girl Living in a Fictional World." Hmm... that has a nice ring to it.)

Anyway.

I was reading a book. And I realized a pattern in a lot of books I read. Girls are stupid. And they always doubt themselves and they doubt affections/feelings of the guy involved. The thing with the guys in these books is that they're usually very sincere. Just because they don't come right out and say "I like you" it gives the girl the license to torture the readers as they lament their life.

Take for example this book I've read several time. The main character spends the entire book crying because the man in her life doesn't love her. When in fact, he really does. He just isn't confident enough to say it out loud. But his actions speak louder than words. But the girl just keeps crying. (There are other elements to the book that have caused me to read it more than once. This is just an example of a stupid girl.)

Let's go more specific.

Somewhere along the line, I realized that my love for ABC's CASTLE has surpassed my love for FOX's BONES.

So I've been a little crazy about CASTLE.

And that's what we're going to talk about. Stupid Girls on CASTLE.

Enter Kate Beckett. The ultimate Stupid Girl. I mean, who would pass up on Richard Castle. Here is this rich and famous, attractive writer who is following her around and she is perpetually annoyed with him. I'm not saying the Castle is perfect. He's arrogant, a little reckless, and totally in her face. But he also likes her. A lot. And he doesn't necessarily hide it, at least in the beginning. Of course, in the beginning, it was more of the conquest of Beckett than of undying, eternal love. *snicker*

But somewhere along the way, Castle's feelings did change into something deeper. And Beckett was still perpetually annoyed at him. (I know that this is not necessarily "Beckett's" fault because she is at the mercy of writers.) Underneath the perpetual annoyance, is (hopefully) something deeper... like love.

However, she's being stupid about it.



Why do girls have to be so stupid? If you're being chased by a boy that you like and he likes you... why do you push him away? Why do you burst into tears just because he flirts with you but doesn't say "I love you." Boys are scaredy cats too! We expect them to be strong and confident but it's scary to put your heart on the line, especially to a stupid girl who spends so much time pushing you away because she's scared too.

Love isn't supposed to be easy... but Stupid Girls certainly make it harder than it needs to be.

*Deep breath*

Okay, I just wanted to rant a little. And I've done that. Again, I want to include myself in the Stupid Girl category. However, I am at a point in my life where I can just stand outside the box and look in and see that I'm being stupid.

I don't give up hope. We'll all meet that special someone who vanquishes that Stupid Girl inside us all. That keeps me going on.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic


No comments:

Post a Comment