background

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One day I looked twice... and something was different

Once upon a time... Okay so this isn't one of those once upon a time things... well maybe it is. Okay let's just skip that part. Today I was on the bus. Which is an occurrence that happens most mornings with the exception of Saturdays and Sundays. I was on the bus and... someone I know... was also on the bus. And although some conversation may or may not have passed between us, for the sake of anonymity we'll just skip that part. I couldn't help regarding this person with some interest. I've know him, yes it's a him, for a while now. And when I first met him I was, in all honesty, intimidated by him.Even though he's a totally nice guy.
Today however, I couldn't help but marvel at how much my opinion of him has changed. And this got me thinking.
So you know when you meet someone and you just kind of acknowledge their existence and then go on with your life? Well I do that a lot. And often times it's those people who seem the most inconsequential that end up being the most important to you. 
For example: Makae, one of my bestest friends. We worked together for quite some time before we finally came to truely acknowledge each other's existence. It wasn't until around this time last year that I even began to speak with her more than just at work. We were having similar situations regarding the opposite gender and then I recommended a book.... and WHAM! We're always talking.
Another example is Michelle, she started out as a work friend of a former roommate (whom I also didn't know would be so awesome). We discovered that we're practically the same person but different! And now we usually eat lunch at least once a week. And make fun of movies together... ha ha.
And my sister-in-law Suzanne... I remember the first time I met her. My brother brought her to Maceys and sort of introduced us. Little did I know that in a short time she'd be a member of my family. I just thought she was some girl my brother had taken a fancy to. I honestly never expected to see her again. 
But I'm talking about a guy here. One morning, not this morning-just to keep it clear, I saw him... and he looked so attractive. I swear I nearly drooled. And that's when it hit me. I find him attractive now! Not that I'm in love with this guy or anything. I just realized that he was attractive to me. He's no longer intimidating and I no longer find it hard to talk to him. It's as simple as that. I think he's a nice, attractive guy. 
So, there is no grand confession of love in here. There are not horribly morbid or scandalous secrets. Just merely this lasting thought: First impressions don't always equal the end result. Sometimes you just have to look deeper and you might find something that surprises you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! The same happened to me with....someone. You know who.

    P.S. I'm glad we are the same person only different :)

    ReplyDelete