background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Friend Zone

I was reading another blog the other day and I read this post about Criminal Minds. You should know by now that I'm a huge BONES fan but I'm also a big fan of Criminal Minds. [Brief side-note: I watched a lot of reruns of Criminal Minds this last summer and started having dreams about the show... those dreams started turning kind of really freaky. So I banned myself from watching it for awhile.] I'm now back to watching it when I can.

Anyway, back to the blog I was reading. The author, who happens to be my favorite author, wrote a post about Criminal Minds. More specifically how she'd like Morgan (the ultra hot, ultra tough FBI guy) to plant a big wet one (a kiss) on the the computer nerd [Penelope] Garcia (who happens to be extremely gifted in the arts of hacking). Now, for you who are not familiar with this show, a little background.

Morgan is extremely attractive, confident, and amazing at his job. Garcia is a great hacker, has a funky and quirky fashion sense and is... not your typical size 4 supermodel. She's normal but extremely pretty. And she is also amazingly good at her job. They flirt, Morgan and Garcia. A lot.

Can you sense the big BUT coming? I can... even though I'm the one writing this so I should be able to... okay not the point. But... they're also really good friends. Too good of friends. So good of friends you really can't imagine them crossing THAT line. They're hopelessly and irrevocably stuck in the Friend Zone.

The Friend Zone is dangerous to try and get out of. If you cross outside the boundaries of the F Zone (Friend Zone) there's a chance one person or both persons will get hurt and it's hard to get back inside. It doesn't matter if both wish to get out of the F Zone, once you cross that line... there's no going back. And Morgan and Garcia... they're not only friends... they're co-workers. The line is even thicker. It's most likely never gonna happen but...

I'm the hopeless romantic here. I can dream right. So, in my head, here's how it goes down:
After a particularly long case, Morgan enters Garcia's office where she is finishing up some work. He spins her chair around and doesn't say a word. He leans down and plants one right on her kisser, thus leaving her stunned and shocked. And they live happily ever after. The End.
 Ha ha ha. I read this and think that I am a total dork. But I love it!

Just so you know. The Criminal Minds isn't character driven like BONES is. They focus more on the cases than the people but in a good way. It's a case driven show that has great characters to support it. If you like crime-y shows I highly recommend this one. It's great!

Until next time, I'll be here waiting. Just like the Hopeless Romantic that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment