background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hugs

I'm not a touchy feely person by nature. Although, if I know you well enough, I feel more comfortable letting you in my bubble. It's not that I don't like human contact or that I don't crave it sometimes. It's more that I'm not sure how something as simple as a touch on the arm will be reacted to. I guess this is as good a time as any to also state that I'm an over-thinker. But that's a post for another day.

Normally there are two people I hug on a regular basis... my mom and my dad. It's pretty obvious why they get hugs. They are my parents after all. But they're usually the only ones I ever initiate hugs with. I don't feel comfortable enough to hug most other people unless they instigate it. This is sort of a sore spot for me. Inside, I don't mind hugging and general affection. Inside, I like to know that people care about me and express it with outward signs of hugs and such. But outside, I'm too concerned that it won't be welcomed. That it won't be wanted. I wish I wasn't this way. I want to be friendly and affection (to the right people). I just have a hard time expressing it.

I'm not really sure what brought this on. Maybe it was the influx of non-parental hugs? Maybe I just like to talk about myself and my issues? Who knows? I simply find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment