background

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Hate Calling In Sick

I hate calling in sick. I've only done it three times (the third time was yesterday) with my current job. I've worked at my current job for three and a half years. That means, approximately, I've called in sick once a year. That's not horrible right?

I hate it. Even though last night I was doubled over in pain, I hated calling in sick. I felt like a horrible person. I felt like I was being the worst person ever. And then when I started feeling better (after taking drugs and sleeping for nearly two hours) I felt eve worse because then I started second guessing myself. What if I had gone to work and been totally fine? What if I had not been a wimp and gone to work? Would I really have felt bad?

Overall, calling in sick makes me feel like a HORRIBLE person. I feel like I've let my co-workers and my supervisors down. I feel like I've let down myself too. Like I wasn't strong enough to just suck it up and go to work. I wasn't raised to be lazy (even though I definitely have my moments when I'm lazy- but I'm trying to improve!). I was raised to be a good worker. (At least I think I was. Maybe I got the wrong message?)

Anyway, I just had to put this out there. I hate calling in sick.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment