background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Murder, Mayhem... and Laughter?

I was first introduced to Nathan Fillion when he played Cliff in Blast from the Past. (Great quotable movie with Brenden Frazier and Alicia Silverstone- watch it!) But this was before he was anything big. I saw an episode of Firefly once.... or at least part of it. I think I fell asleep in the middle (I was really tired!).

And one day, I randomly saw an episode online of Castle. I was intrigued but at the time I was crazy busy with school and I didn't have cable and yadda yadda. I didn't keep up with watching it.

I started watching it again online a few weeks ago. I was on twitter and there were people talking about it and once again, I was intrigued. This meant, that I started in the middle of the third season. So I didn't really know what was going on. I sort of got the gist of it but I still felt like I was missing something.

I found the first season for really cheap so I bought it. Watched it in a day. Got the second season on Netflix and loved it. I now consider myself, pretty much, caught up. I found that I really liked the feel of Castle. It had good cases, good murders, and the character of Richard Castle is HILARIOUS! Actually, I like the whole undertone of humor that runs through out the show. I, personally, don't think that it takes away from the seriousness of murder and crime solving. I think it adds to it.

If you know anything about me, you know that I really enjoy the whole tension thing between the main male and main female characters. You know, the whole attraction thing. I thrive on it really. I'm kind of a dork like that. I will say this: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE (love, love, love) Castle and Beckett's relationship. As much as I adore BONES and the whole "Will they or won't they?" drama, I really like how it is so blatant in Castle. The fight it, sure, and they don't necessarily address it but I love it all the same. I've enjoyed the third season (what I've seen of it anyway) because there is some casual flirting and there's the tension there but it's not dramatic and intense (still not badmouthing BONES because I love that show). It's really just a nice change for me, Castle and Beckett's relationship. It's more light-hearted and more fun.

Along with Castle and Beckett, I absolutely love the supporting characters. I LOVE detectives Esposito and Ryan. I'm not really sure what it is about them but I just love watching them. They're funny and they mock Castle. They're good at their jobs. And they're both attractive (which is an added bonus). I can't decide if I like them more than Beckett or not. It's a toss up for sure. But I like them a lot!

I think the actors do a great job with their job and working to combine a serious subject matter with an undertone of humor. It makes for great entertainment. In my opinion anyway. 

So there you have it. Another confession of my love for TV. Yeah, I know. I watch too much TV. But when you have great shows out there... how's a girl supposed to help herself?

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment