background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Trusted Myself

 There are rare moments in life when I stumble upon a book that I can relate to. It's a connection that happens as I'm reading the book and the thought that keeps going through my head is "this is me!". The main character, usually a girl, does things, says things, feels things that I have felt myself. I connect with her and realize that I'm not the only one who has moments like where I'm a little to scared to put myself out there because I don't know what is on the other side. I like to be safe. I like my comfort zone. And it's scary to leave that safe place and trust someone else.
"There were rules in the game I was playing...I only let myself play because something in me needed what [he] was offering, devoured the attention he gave me, and craved the warmth of even casual contact. But I trusted myself. I knew I wouldn't become tempted by him. Addicted to him. I knew I would recognize the moment I started to need him too much. And when that happened, I planned to flip the game board over and walk away." (The Cubicle Next Door by Siri L. Mitchell)
 Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment