background

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Hopeless Romantic vs Television

Why yes, that is another Chuck reference. I'm full of them these days but just humor me. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, this week is my Spring Break (which is almost over- darn it). I've had a lot of time on my hands. I've tried to keep myself busy with housework and various other things... not very successfully mind you. But I've tried.

Along with cleaning the house, I've watched a lot of TV. I watched the second and third seasons of Chuck, the first season of Castle, finished the third season and started the fourth season of Bones, and I've watched some other shows not worth mentioning as well. That's hours upon hours of television. I ask that you don't judge me. I'm merely trying to pass the time and instead of doing something worthwhile like finally finishing the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I've wasted my days away in front of 'the tube.'

Even worse, I've fallen in love. Don't worry, it's only mere infatuation. As usual. I've fallen in love with fictional characters. I've fallen in love with story lines. I've fallen in love with... well I guess those are the things I've fallen for. Anyway, the point is... all this time in front of the TV has not done good things for my head.

I find myself wishing I was a character in a show. That I had a sexy FBI agent as my partner. That I had an annoying mystery novelist following me around. That I was a forced to be a cute computer geek's fake girlfriend. That I was attending a horrible community college and in a study group full of mismatched people. ...I find myself wishing.

Now, don't worry. I'm not nuts! I really do have a tight grasp on reality. I understand the difference between real and imaginary. It's just sometimes... I find myself wondering what it would be like to be a character. I guess even more specifically, to have someone good-looking (Like Booth, Chuck, Castle, Captain Awesome, etc.) who wanted me.

So maybe what this boils down to is that I want someone to want me. I don't think that this is totally unusual. What's totally unusual is that I want a fictional character to want me. Maybe I am nuts. Maybe I just need to find a man, and fast! Maybe... I need to tone down my imagination....

So that's me. A hopeless romantic who craves romance. Ha ha. That's so cliche. But life is all a big cliche. (Maybe I shouldn't write so late- I'm not sure I make sense.) I guess for now, I'll keep loving my fictional characters (whether from television, movies, and/or books) until I can finally see past them and at the man who wants to be with me- nuts or not.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

1 comment:

  1. i understand what you mean, i do that sometimes, whishing i had the lives of fictional characters, wondering what it would be like to have someone that wanted you more than anything, i don't know whether to say that your not crazy or that were just both crazy haha but either way its nice to have someone understand. Who knows maybe someday soon we'll both have our knight in FBI standard issue body armor (that's right i referenced Bones!)

    ReplyDelete