background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Miss Regret

I often look back at my past and wonder about my life. Now, I don't really believe in living in your past but it's not anything that you can run away from either. Sometimes a current event that affects me sends me back into my past. And with the past comes regrets. 

The ache of regret fills my chest and I struggle to contain it. I struggle to keep it from overwhelming me. Sometimes I let it overwhelm me. 

But I have to rein it back in. I have to remind myself that the person I was then is not the person I am now. In the span of four years, I've become someone different. At the core, I'm still the same. But the shy bookworm of my past has receded into the background and been replaced with someone who's not afraid to talk to complete strangers. I'm someone who can function in 'society' but still retain that sense of bookishness and nerdiness that is me. So the regrets are from being someone else.  

As I get older, it gets easier to push the regrets aside and to learn to live in the moment and not the past. It's not easy, but it is possible. The hardest part is trying to remember to live in the moment now and not create new regrets. 

Live in the moment and don't forget who you are. 

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment