background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Young Harrison Ford, Swamp Paths, and Sweaty Palms

These last few nights, I've been having strange dreams. Now that's really not unusual because I always have strange dreams and I can usually remember a portion of them in the morning. But these latest dreams have starred... guys. I've dreamed about people I've never met before, many times in fact. And I've dreamed about guys too.

What's so different, I think, is that fact that these guys I'm dreaming about... I like them. I don't know who they are and I can never really see their face very clearly but I know that I LIKE them. For example, on Sunday night/Monday morning, I had a dream involving a young Harrison Ford/somebody else looking guy who kept hitting on me. I kept trying to keep at the task at hand (whatever that might have been in my dream) but he was wearing me down and I really wanted to give in. I'm not sure what giving in would have meant but the point is that I liked him. And I would have dropped everything and gone with him... if my alarm hadn't rang at that exact moment. And my young Harrison Ford/somebody else looking guy vanished into the recesses of my brain.

Last night, I had a weird dream. I was in some kind of weird planet or forest or something of the sort and I was with an older guy and two younger (meaning more around my own age) guys. I don't know who they were, just that I was with them and they were somehow protecting me. We were walking along a crooked path in a swampy area and in my dream mind, I was debating whether or not I should place my hand in the crook of one of the younger guys arm to help me keep my balance. I was nervous and self conscious because my palms were sweaty- from the swampy lands I assume. I was unsure of my footing on the path. Finally, I reached up and tucked my hand in the crook of his nicely muscular arm (Come on, of course the guy was buff!). I could feel the strength and the heat of his arm. (Yeah I know, it sounds like it's from a romance novel but it's what I felt in my dream. Stop judging me!) I think he might have glanced at me but I remember feeling safe. Protected. And maybe even accepted. He didn't say much to me but let me keep a hold of him. I don't remember much about the rest of the dream... I think it morphed into something else. I don't remember seeing his face or hearing him speak. I just remember liking the guy walking next to me. He was just there, accepting me.

Hmm... does anyone out there do dream analysis? I'm thinking I might need to get my head checked out. I might be nuts. ...but they were good dreams with good looking guys (I'm guessing because I couldn't see their faces clearly) and I liked them. And that's enough.

I shouldn't complain too much about dreaming about good looking guys right? If only I knew what it meant.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment