background

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bit By the Bug

Last weekend, a very good friend of mine, Michelle, and I went down to Salt Lake City for some shopping. We arrived at The Gateway and started at one end and window shopped our way down and back. I had originally intended to get some new pants but it turns out that I really wasn't in the mood for shopping. But a lot of the stores in The Gateway aren't in Logan so we took the opportunity to check them out. At the end of the excursion, there was one store that we both agreed was our favorite. Anthropologie. I'd never been to the store before because I always assumed that it was sort of... not me. (By the way, I'm learning that many stores may not be 'me' but often times there is stuff that I find I like. Don't judge a store by its... storefront?) Michelle and I decided to check it out. What did we have to lose?

Wow!! That store was AMAZING! The funny thing is that we barely glanced at the clothing. We were both too enthralled by the cool nic-nacs (how is this word spelled?) and the furniture and the cool soap and jars and knobs and... all the other way stinking awesome stuff there. But... the store is pretty pricey. And we didn't really have a reason to buy knobs. Ha ha. Yet.

We left the store feeling more hip and awesome.

The next day Michelle texted me and confessed that she wanted to go back to Anthropologie (which is 100 miles away). I agreed. Next thing you know, we're texting about how we want to decorate this and that and how painting could be fun.

It was official. We'd been bitten by the bug. The interior design bug, that is. We wanted to make our living spaces as cool as we felt in Anthropologie.

Sidenote: Back in high school when I was starting to look at colleges I had to try and figure out what my major would be. I had it narrowed down to two options: Interior Design or History. I figured I wasn't competitive or creative enough for our intense Interior Design program here at USU so I went with History. I changed to English a year after that. Sidenote over.

Now Michelle and I are all set on decorating and spending our hard earned money on stuff to make us feel cool. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm actually quite excited for our newest creative endeavor. It gives me an excuse to go to Home Depot and check out their stuff. And let me tell you, Home Depot is AWESOME!! But not quite as awesome as Anthropologie. Because Anthropologie makes me feel hip when I go there.

Until Next Time,

The Hopeless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment