background

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big Jake

I found "Big Jake" to be interesting. I love the combination of John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. They just make a dynamic team. Unfortunately, they're only together for such a short time in the movie. That was sad. And the fact that his sons were so involved made it an even more interesting movie.

The story was interesting but I felt that some parts of it just weren't explained. And the ending was kind of abrupt. Maybe it's just me, but I felt like the story was left unfinished. What happened when Jake returned home with his grandson, Little Jake? How did the family react? What happened to Jake? Does he get to stay home now?

I liked the movie but I just didn't feel like the story completely evolved as well as I would have liked.

The last movie in my John Wayne Movie Marathon is "The Shootist."

No comments:

Post a Comment