background

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Shootist

I finally finished my John Wayne Movie Marathon. I was hoping to finish in a week but do to the fact that A) I have a job and 7) I have school it took me a little longer. 

The final movie was "The Shootist". Which happens to be John Wayne's final movie as well. It's a bittersweet ending to such a dynamic man. It's really well done though (except for the bright red "blood" that immediately shows up when someone is shot). 

Watching JB Books come to terms with his impending death is very heartbreaking. And when Jimmy Stewarts character mentions going out with a bang (so he doesn't quite say it like that) you know JB Books is gonna come up with something to make his end a little less painful and sad. 

I enjoyed this movie even though it's depressing and you know it's John Wayne's last movie. It's certainly not my favorite but it's a good one. It exemplifies how to go out with your boots still on. (If that makes sense.) 

I am officially done with my marathon. And I've documented each movie as I've watched it. I don't think I've ever written so much on my blog before. Talk about a motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment