background

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

McLintock!

"McLintock!"(1963) is actually one of my favorite John Wayne movies. I think it's mostly because it's got the light-heartedness that I love. And it's got Maureen O'hara whom I also love. The fact that John Wayne's son, Patrick Wayne, plays in it is kind of cool too. 

Maureen O'hara and John Wayne make for an excellent pair. This isn't the first movie they're together; others include "Rio Grande" and "The Quiet Man" which is also very good. They just have a chemistry together that makes me just grin. "Half the people in the world are women; why does it have to be you that stirs me?" And G.W. just kisses the trash outta her! I thanks that's awesome.

I like the arrogance that exudes from G.W. McLintock as he deals with the issues that are rather suddenly thrown in his face from the arrival of his estranged wife and the Native American's who request his help. Also, John Wayne's super patriotic schpills through out the movie remind me of how much he loved what this country is supposed to stand for.

I really just love this movie. It's got romance, intrigue, humor, drama, and just plain awesomeness! And John Wayne's character isn't afraid to stand up for the underdog or just beat the crap outta people because they're stupid. "Somebody oughta belt you in the mouth! But I won't. I won't.... The hell I won't!" And WHAM! He punches the guy. So cool. 

One of my favorites for sure!

Next on the list is "Big Jake".

No comments:

Post a Comment