background

Monday, March 22, 2010

I never really cared until I met you...

I was at work the other day and I couldn't help but cogitate on why I enjoy writing like I do.  By writing I mean when I write my fiction. And I guess you can count my blog as well.

I like to think I've always been a dreamer. I have a very detailed imagination. If you've ever had the joy hearing about one of my dreams you'll understand at least a little. When I dream I DREAM! I blame it on my extremely over active imagination. I think that's one of the things I like about writing. It gives me a chance to put my imagination down on paper.

So I was thinking about my writing. And what do most writers want? To be published? To have people read their stuff? Not so much with me. It'd be cool if I ever did get published but it's really not what I'm looking for... at least this point in time.

Me, well honestly I just want someone to read my writing and feel like they've left real life, at least for a little bit. I want the reader to finish and, even if the story is ridiculous and totally unrealistic, to feel like they've experienced a little bit of.... well magic I guess.

Now the question is... can I create this magic? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. You so can create the magic! I love what you write, Nikki; keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with her. Although I'll be even more with her if you can find a way to use my word verification: wortlyed, in a sentence. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete