background

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stagecoach

The first movie in my John Wayne Movie Marathon was the 1939 classic "Stagecoach". I don't think I have ever seen this movie before and at first I really had no idea what was going on. I think next time I'll pay better attention to the beginning when the characters are being introduced to the story. 

Overall I really did enjoy the movie. And John Wayne was so young looking and... ah... so arrogant. Yet he was the only one who really paid attention to the... well I think she was a saloon girl who got driven out of town. They were the two outcasts and he made it seem like it was all his fault. Like Ringo Kid said "...Well I guess you can't break out of prison and into Society in the same week."

It did feel, however, that the climatic part was with the Apache Indians chasing after the stagecoach. But that's only part of the story. What about when Ringo Kid went to face down the man who murdered his father and his brother? That part was slightly climatic but I was also half asleep at the time, maybe that's why it didn't seem very interesting. 

When Ringo Kid and Dallas got to "escape" from the marshal and go start their life together I thought it was so sweet. Especially because they'd barely met the morning before and he was prison escapee and she was former saloon girl. Ca-ute!

My next viewing will be of.... "Hondo" as prescribed by Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment