background

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Red River

Movie number three was "Red River", made in 1948. Although the story was compelling and fraught with tension and action I have to admit that so far didn't enjoy this movie as much as the last too. John Wayne did an excellent job as Tom Dunson but I didn't like him as much in it. He was just too much of a hard A for my tastes.

And I was little stressed out by the cattle drive. I don't know that I could handle driving cattle that far and that long. And then when Tom Dunson went crazy. That was pretty intense. I didn't find a quote that I really liked from this movie. Although there was one about trusting people but it was so negative. I didn't feel like remembering it.

Montgomery Clift was excellent as well. And he was kind of attractive I have to admit.

So not my favorite but really well done anyway. Next one is "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

No comments:

Post a Comment