background

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

I've seen this John Wayne movie before. Well... I've seen the end of it before. I'm sure that I've seen it all but I wasn't paying attention at the time. Or something to that affect. Okay just don't worry about it. But know this, I forgot how much I also like Jimmy Stewart.

Jimmy Stewart does an excellent job, in my opinion, in this movie. He makes me feel bad because he doesn't know how to shoot... but then again... I'm not very good myself.

Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention when watching it this time around to find a quote that I really like. All I really remember is John Wayne calling Jimmy Stewart 'Pilgrim' often.

It's a good one and that's all I really have to say about it.

Next one to watch is "El Dorado".

1 comment:

  1. This is my all-time favorite western, and it has probably the best show-down scene ever!
    "That's my steak Valance...pick it up!"

    ReplyDelete